Friday, July 25, 2008

I´m Sorry!

In case you were wonering, I am officially in Brazil. I know, I haven´t blogged at all. I was having problems logging on at first and couldn´t understand how to get my password due to the portugese directions. Honestly, I didn´t really try to figure it out because I have been extremely apprehensive about blogging. I am not a very good writer, so when I began thinking about how the pblic would be able to read this, it kinda weirded me out. I have realized that it doesn´t matter, people just want to know that I am okay and know what I am doing.

I am okay.

As for what I am doing, the answer is TONZ! We have a weekly schedule:
Monday-property maintenance
Tuesday-seminary in the AM bible study in the PM
Wednesday-construction at favela Glebba B and church there at night
Thursday-property maintenance (AM) church at shakara (PM)
Friday-seminary , property maintenance, then FAMILY TIME!!
Saturday-visit Favelas in Sao Paulo
Sunday-Church at Shakara(AM) visit favelas Monte Cristo & Glebba B in Campinas

This schedule has allowed for me to build relationships with the children. I have become Tia Amber and have grown to absolutely love these kids. I wish I could put pictures on here, but I don´t know how, nor do I have the time to.Brazil is a beautiful country-beautiful smiles, beautiful landscaping, and beautiful people. My stay here had been very comfortable from my bed and showers, to the food and the company. I know I will be back here, the question is just when. Thank you for keeping me in your prayers. I will keep updating. I know I am only here for 3 more weeks, but I will.

Thanks for your patience,
Amber

3 comments:

Ruth said...

WOW you are busy. We miss you and can't believe only three more weeks. Can't wait to see you pictures. Brittany will be so glad when you get here. You all will be great together. You must come by my new office to visit every day.
In my prayers. I can't wait to take off this bracelet. HAHA

Tina said...

SO proud of the work you are doing... love you and miss you.
Your mom said you all had a great time ministering together! Whoo hoo!!!! I also saw sweet Justin at work and he is the coolest.

Adkerson said...

Was great to get your news! What a wonderful experience you are having.
Smokies Update: It rained one night so the river was up, which made for great tube rides! We made it thru the weekend without major injuries (yeah!). Also, we ate a somemore in your honor.

Enjoy your last weeks there! We will keep on prayin' for ya. -Aunt Sarah