Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I´m coming home....

So, I leave for home in 1 week from today. I have mixed emotions about it...but I am trying to enjoy my last week here. Yesterday we got to go see Batman-the Dark Knight.Totally amazing. And I only paid $3.50 in American money to go see it! That made it even better!

While I thank everyone for their prayers for Saturday´s happenings, they were cancelled. The favela was having a meeting all day long about everyone moving , so the event will be moved to this coming Saturday. I think God knew that I would have a hard time memorizing kids songs in Portugese. But Ruth, you would be glad to know, I have officially mastered the song "Fruits of the Spirit" in their language!! I am pumped!

I know everyone is wondering how Bret and Susie are doing. Today, the man came and put up the electric line that will lead to their house. They also officially have a phone number, and a phone line, it just hasn´t been set up yet since they have no house. Susie is adjusting well. She eats peanut butter and drinks Coke Zero every single day. She is also takingPortugese lessons from Rita, and doing pretty well.

For everyone who has met Vivian, the other girl who has been here with me for 2 months, please pray for her. She is attending Wellsley school for girls, and her financial aid did no go through. She is going to have to pay alot of money to go there next semester, and it is very stressful. Keep her in your thoughts.

Also pray for Jodi´s computer to start working again. In last weeks storm, is killed the modem through the phone line. Kind of bizzare, but luckily she had saved everything to an external hard drive just 18 days before, so not too much was lost.

Thank you for your support, and I will see everyone in a week!!



Amber

4 comments:

barb said...

comOOOOOOHHHHH MYYYYYY. I am counting the hours. I do miss you and your laugh and conversations. Can't wait to see you in person at the airport. I am so proud of what you have done with your life this summer. I know you missed a lot but what you have gained will mean so much more in the longest run. I love you and will see you soon.!!!!!

Ruth said...

Amber,
I can't wait to see your sweet smile. We have missed you but are so proud of you. You are amazing and I pray my girls grow up to be just like you. See you soon. Give Susie a big hug for me. I miss her everyday!!

Mandi said...

Amber,
I just found your blog bummer. You are home now. But, just wanted you to know how proud I am of you. I love you girly.

Ruth said...

I am so glad you are home. You did so good Wednesday night in my Girl's Mission class. You make me so proud. I miss you!